August 12, 2009

GM Unveils Product Plans, 2014 Camaro Included!

By Brian Lohnes

BangShift.com

Yesterday, GM held a press conference announcing its short term product release plans and they included a mention about the Camaro being “freshened” in the 2014/2015 model year.

This is good news for those of us who were nervy about the ability of the Camaro to survive the government stewardship they are currently living through.

According to the Automotive News report, the Camaro convertible which was to be pushed to 2012, will now be moved up to the 2011 model year as the General has some cashola for tooling and the necessary production changes to build the car.

GM Unveils Product Plans, 2014 Camaro Included!

Comments

wsbob
Aug 15, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I hope the next Camaro has an R/S style package like the first get F-Bodies. I would love hideaway lights on that body style. A Z28 with the R/S package, with a drop top…. SICK!

fireball22
Aug 13, 2009 at 1:04 pm

ILLY, PureBusiness’s remark was simply a play on what every other Chevy lover says whenever there’s a post about another iteration of the Mustang. Reality is that the Camaro in its current configuration has been saturating automotive websites and discussion boards since ’06, with the Chevy guys drooling while the Ford guys already had their toys to play with and build up. Don’t hate the Mustang crowd just because GM kept backing up the Camaro’s release.

ILLY-Sase
Aug 13, 2009 at 12:13 am

How Can you get sick of the Camaro when they were on such a hiatus? Im actually sick of seeing all the Stangs on the road…i mean talk about over saturation. This new actually makes me proud to own and drive a Chevy. My next ride will be a Camaro after I pick up my Siverado SS later this year.

satty12
Aug 12, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Cool id love to see a camaro convertible but what i would realy like to see is a fire breathing Z28 my faith in domestic cars would be fully restored come on Governtment I mean General Motors bring us what we want to see and for those who can buy and drive.

PureBusiness
Aug 12, 2009 at 4:29 pm

i can’t help it. i get sick of them sometimes

IH-international
Aug 12, 2009 at 2:26 pm

uh oh player hater alert!!!
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

PureBusiness
Aug 12, 2009 at 10:01 am

oh-boy,just what we need,,another stupid Camaro.tHe

IH-international
Aug 12, 2009 at 9:21 am

awesome but what about the z28 any news on that?