July 12, 2010

Hemmings Find of the Day: 1994 Ford Powerstroke Concept Truck

By Dan Strohl

Hemmings

Dodge? Ranger? Escort? Homebuilt eye fryer? None of the above: Though it looks like it’s been through the hands of one capable Barris-type customizer and one 18-year-old kid with a Pep Boys charge account, it’s actually a diesel-powered Ford concept truck. Thankfully, Ford didn’t go with the kissy-lips design language for the rest of its Ford truck lineup (can you just imagine that bumper/grille in red?). In the pictures, it appears to have held up much better than many other concept vehicles from that era, and is likely a running, driving truck. Read more at Hemmings.

Comments

SR20Tomei
Jul 18, 2010 at 6:07 pm

looks like a sleek but cute alien to me

ReinXIII
Jul 18, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I feel bad for the person that paid for that truck… Well, not really, because anyone that would buy that ugly-ass thing would have to be on some sort of hardcore drug.. It looks like someone stole the design from an 8 year old child. I mean, really?? I’m surprised that truck was even built; it couldn’t have possibly looked any more appealing on paper… You’ve successfully failed, Ford. At least you know what not to build next time, I guess…

Vuurwa
Jul 16, 2010 at 5:02 am

Blimey!..Good golly!….at first i thought this truck had been in an accident!!???..then i saw`re that it just looked like it had been??…looks like some kinda jelly fish also??…jeez!…but one thing`s fo sho it`ll wring necks of bystanders in the streets this side of the `BIG POND`!!!

robpurifoy
Jul 13, 2010 at 4:53 pm

It has potential, the front grill needs to go in favor of some big chrome. I like the mini-diesel look with those wheels tho. Thankfully there are no verticle stack pipes, that was fine on “The Little Red Truck” back in the day but that’s been done.

90xjpunk
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I hope these designers were fired. At the very least they should have been drug tested immediately.

retroman
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I remember… (barely) It seemed like every new car (and concept car) back then was kind of a jelly bean shape with excessively rounded off edges… It was kinda dull if you ask me.

KustomKiely
Jul 13, 2010 at 11:57 am

Looks like something Big Bird would cruise on sesame street

krush454
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Its a truck? Funny when I saw it I was sure it was the result of a dead rat painted yellow and supersized lol

XTZTwinTurbo
Jul 12, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Looks like something you’d see in europe

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm

looks like an Escort ute… the yello don’t help at all. Sorry but yuck.

trav20
Jul 12, 2010 at 5:31 pm

It looks like it could double as a boat. I think it looks kinda cool actually. Even though it is ugly, it still is a collectible.

SouthernGuy8503
Jul 12, 2010 at 9:50 am

and this is why trucks still have a flat front end and not a round car like front end. honestly i don’t like one thing on this truck, the rims are alright though.
even though my Silverado is 12 years old i’m liking it more and more because it was the last year GM put actual metal bumpers on the trucks and to be honest the 88-98 body style might have been the last body style that was a real truck. i was thinking about getting a new truck but i’m leading more towards modding up the one i already have. i know this paragraph was a little off topic but when i saw this truck the first thought was “it’s ugly as hell” then my 2nd thought was “i’m glad i have a truck with actual metal bumpers and not he plastic bumper cover shit like on cars”